Anthony advises and represents parties faced with issues arising from the employment relationship. Described as “very approachable” and giving “excellent advice”, he is instructed by a variety of clients and these have included claimants, unions and employers ranging from central and local government, police forces, companies and trusts.
Instructions can be accepted on a public access basis.
Relevant proceedings may be within the jurisdiction of the employment tribunal, both at first instance and in the Employment Appeal Tribunal, or the civil courts. He tends to appears in tribunals in Bristol and Wales (both north and south).
Anthony is appointed to the Welsh Government panel for employment matters.
Anthony also handles the mediation of employment-based disputes.
Areas covered include:
- Unfair dismissal (redundancy, misconduct, capability)
- Minimum wage
- Claims under the Equality Act 2010: discrimination (sex, disability, religion or belief, race, gender reassignment, sexual orientation) including harassment and victimisation
- Termination of employment
- Wrongful dismissal
- Recruitment and employment agents
- Health and safety at work
- Professional discipline
Do get in touch via the Contact Form or telephone the clerks, Andrea, Alyson and Lee on 08450 713007.
“Strengths: Possesses considerable expertise in acting for both employees and employers. He has dealt with various matters, including unfair dismissals, disability discrimination and restrictive covenants. He frequently appears in Employment Tribunals.”
“Very professional and easy-going.” “Very personable. He has a good eye for detail and is thorough in his preparations.” Chambers UK Bar Guide (2018)
“Very well known for his practice in unfair dismissals and discrimination cases.” The Legal 500 (2018)
‘His expertise includes TUPE-related issues, unfair dismissal and restrictive covenants.’ The Legal 500 (2015)
Anthony Vines (Band 3) – Acts for both respondents and claimants on matters such as TUPE, unfair dismissal and whistle-blowing. Expertise: “He is very approachable and gives excellent advice.” Chambers’ UK Bar Guide (2015)
Anthony Vines is highly regarded for his tribunal and advisory work for union-represented claimants. He also provides mediation services for multiparty disputes.’ Chambers UK Bar Guide (2013)
Anthony Vines (Band 3) – Has a broad employment practice, and acts for a wide range of clients including trusts and local authorities. He is also a member of the Welsh Government panel for employment issues. Chambers & Partners (2014)
Leading Junior – The Legal 500 (2015)
- Advises and represents in range of claims under the Equality Act 2010 (race, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment) and unfair dismissal
- Appeared in Employment Appeal Tribunal on misconduct appeal
- Advised business as to the National Minimum Wage and the government scheme of naming and shaming
- Acted for client in claim for fees by concerning employment agency
- Advising as to the appraisal and pay regime of teachers in Wales
- Advising on application of TUPE within tender proposals
- Acting for a group of claimants alleging unfair dismissal arising from protected disclosures on issues of health and safety.
- Advising an employer on proceedings to enforce post-termination provisions
- Advising public authorities in connection with application of TUPE and pension liability in connection with joint venture company
- Acting for an employer on claims made alleging breaches of the national minimum wage legislation
- Acting for an employer successfully defending allegations of a pregnancy-related dismissal
- Advising an employee on TUPE-related enhanced redundancy arrangements from the Civil Service Pension Scheme
- Legal adviser to disciplinary committee
Employment Lawyers’ Association